User Account FAQs
Click any of the links to jump ahead to your question:
- Do I need an account to submit an event or use the site?
- Why are there accounts on Sacramento365.com, then?
- What are the different types of accounts on Sacramento365.com?
- What is Facebook Connect?
- How do I link my account to Sacramento365.com using Facebook Connect?
- What if I don't have a Facebook account? Can I still create an account on Sacramento365.com?
- What is an Artist Profile?
- Who can create an Artist Profile?
- How do I create an Artist Profile on Sacramento365.com?
- What is an Organization Login?
- How can I obtain an Organization Login?
- I have an Organization Login. Where do I sign in?
2. Why are there accounts on Sacramento365.com, then?
While an account is not necessary for submitting events, creating a user account on Sacramento365.com (or linking your Facebook account through Facebook Connect) will give you further options for sharing and bookmarking your favorite events, preferred venues, etc. There are also specific accounts for Artist Profiles and Organizations.
3. What are the different types of accounts on Sacramento365.com?
The different type of accounts include: Facebook Connect, User Accounts, Artist Profiles, and Organization Logins. See the particulars about them in the FAQs below.
4. What is Facebook Connect?
Using Facebook Connect gives you more opportunities to easily share information you discover on Sacramento365.com with your Facebook friends. You can leave comments on events and have the option to instantly post to Facebook as well. Being logged in on Sacramento365.com also allows you to bookmark your favorite events, venues, and organizations and all the info is easily accessible from the “My Account” drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner.
5. How do I link my Facebook account to Sacramento365.com using Facebook Connect?
Select "Sign in with Facebook" from the upper right hand corner and follow the steps for linking your accounts. See detailed step-by-step instructions. After you've linked your accounts, you will be able to instantly sign in with your Facebook account everytime you return to Sacramento365.com by selecting "Sign in with Facebook."
6. What if I don't have a Facebook account? Can I still create an account on Sacramento365.com?
Yes, there is a basic User Account that does not require you to have a Facebook account. To create a User Account, select "Create Account" from the upper right hand corner of the site and follow the steps for creating an account. See detailed step-by-step instructions. Once you've created an account and return to the site, you will select "Login" from the upper right hand corner to sign in with your username and password.
7. What is an Artist Profile?
If you are an artist, an Artist Profile allows you to upload your basic information, bio, images, and video to Sacramento365.com, where it will appear in the "Artist Directory" on the site. With an Artist Profile, you can assign events you are participating in to your profile, so they will show up on your profile, along with your name appearing with the event listing.
8. Who can create an Artist Profile?
Artist Profiles are for artists and performers in the Sacramento region, including: actors, choreographers, composers, dancers, directors, filmmakers, graphic designers, musicians, performance artists, photographers, poets, singers, storytellers, visual artists, and writers. Note that Artist Profiles on the site are also limited to our Regional Guidelines, as they serve to promote artists located in the Sacramento region.
9. How do I create an Artist Profile on Sacramento365.com?
At the bottom of the site, under the "Directories" column, select "Artist Profiles." Near the top, click "Artist Login / Register!" and follow the steps for creating a new account. See detailed step-by-step instructions here. Please allow 2-3 business days for your profile to appear on the site. Each profile goes through a review process.
10. What is an Organization Login?
The Organization Login is for Organizations who post a significant amount of events on the site. With an Organization Login, users have access to the Organization self-edit dashboard, which allows you to post new events; edit existing events; edit your Organization profile; post links to local, regional, or national news outlets covering your events; and view event and org profile Web stats, including pageviews and click throughs.
11. How can I obtain an Organization Login?
Contact Sacramento365.com Staff at email@example.com to discuss setting up an Organization self-edit dashboard.
12. I have an Organization Login, where do I go to sign in?
Organizations can find their login page via this link.