Photo courtesy of America's Farm-to-Fork Capital
The seasons are a-changin’ and Sacramento has no shortage of fun as the weather heats up. Welcome the start of summer with two delicious farm-to-fork events!
Make it a Farm-to-Fork Night!
Formerly known as Sacramento’s Grape Escape, The Save Mart Grand Tasting is an evening showcasing restaurants, breweries, and wineries from our area in the relaxed setting at Cesar Chavez Park in Downtown Sacramento. In addition to live music by Current Personae, this year’s event will offer a more comprehensive variety of the foods and beverages that make our region so special.
To name a few…
When: Saturday, June 3 from 4pm-7pm
Where: Cesar Chavez Plaza
Admission: Participating Save Mart Supermarkets locations $45; Online $49; Door $60
On Sundays, We Brunch
No one can deny Sacramento does brunch right, and locals and visitors alike love kicking back with friends new and old, excellent food, bottomless mimosas and Bloody Marys.
With Farm-to-Fork Sunday Brunch, indulge in a unique brunch setting that consists of a long table stretched down in the middle of K and 13th Street under a canopy of trees. Bottomless Bloody Marys from Preservation and Co. compete with bottomless mimosas featuring Bogle Vineyards’ sparkling wine for your attention while you savor food prepared by Dawson’s Steakhouse. And don’t worry — there’s plenty of time to try it all.
Ceviche and Seafood Bar:
- Bay Shrimp, Charred Corn, Roasted Red Peppers, Toasted Coconut and Michelada Vinaigrette
- Tombo Tuna, Pickled Red Onion, Avocado and Truffled Popcorn
- Peel and Eat Shrimp: Track 7 Panic IPA, Opal Basil, Spring Onions
- Salmon Toast: Hop Cured Salmon, Ciabatta Toast, Herb Schmear, Heirloom Tomato, Petite Herbs and Capers
- House Made Pastries to include Cherry and Dark Chocolate Croissants, Kouign Amann, Gluten Free Strawberry Granola Mini Muffins
- Country Ham, Leek, Asparagus and Fiscalini White Cheddar Quiche
- Smoked Chicken, Spinach and Sierra Nevada Feta Strudel
- Chocolate Coconut Overnight Oat Bowls
- Seasonal Farmers Market Fruit
- Gold Cup Chicken: Bread and Butter Pickles with House-Made Hot Sauce
- Breakfast Tostada (Made to Order): Crispy Corn Tortilla, Farm Fresh Egg, Spicy Black Beans, Cilantro Crema, Farmer’s Cheese, Salsa Verde and Chuy’s Spicy Salsa
- Breakfast Slider (Made to Order): Buttermilk Biscuit, Shallot Jam, House-Made Pork Sausage, and Vella Jack Cheese
- Agua Fresca and Mimosa Station
- Roasted Pineapple, Mint and Agave
- Watermelon, Blackberry and Lavender
- Bloody Mary Bar
When: Sunday, June 4 from 10am-1pm
Where: 13th and K St
Admission: Participating Save Mart Supermarkets locations $50; Online $59
Celebrate the kick-off of summer in true Sacramento fashion this weekend! Please note that both of these events are ages 21 and up. For more information and to purchase your ticket, click here.