2401 Riverside Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95818
Sacramento Buddhist Church is the second largest temple of the 60 temple members of the Buddhist Churches of America (BCA), which is headquartered in San Francisco.
The Buddhist Church of Sacramento, often called the Sacramento Betsuin was established in 1899 at 1221 Third Street in Sacramento. This original hall quickly became to small and necessitated the relocation to 410 O Street the following year. In 1925, a new temple was built on the same location with the addition of a hall/gymnasium in 1937. Due to the city’s Redevelopment Project in 1958, the temple was relocated to the present site with a new temple building dedicated in 1959. This temple, with over 2,000 members, is located at 2401 Riverside Boulevard, adjacent to the W-X Freeway (Business 80) near the westbound 10th Street and the eastbound 15th Street off ramps.
The Sacramento Betsuin is affiliated with the Buddhist Churches of America, headquartered in San Francisco, and is one of fifty-five churches located in the continental United States.