Frequently Asked Questions
Click any of the links to jump ahead to your question:
- How do I submit events on Sacramento365?
- Do I need an account to submit an event?
- Why are there accounts on Sacramento365, then?
- I submitted my event but I don't see it on the site.
- How far in advance should I submit my event?
- Event vs. Classified: What's the difference?
- Where do I find Workshops & Classes on the site?
- My event is in Rocklin/Plymouth/Lodi, etc. Can I post it on Sacramento365?
- What's the difference between a Venue and an Organization?
- What if I don't have an Organization associated with my event?
- How do I contact Sacramento365 with further questions?
1. How do I submit events on Sacramento365?
Submitting events is free and easy to do. Any individual or organization can submit events. Get started by clicking the orange "Submit Listing" button in the search box or click here to get started. You can also view step-by-step instructions for submitting events. Please review our Submission Guidelines prior to submitting your listing.
2. Do I need an account to submit an event?
No, an account is not necessary to submit an event on Sacramento365.
3. Why are there accounts on Sacramento365, then?
While an account is not necessary for submitting events, creating a user account on Sacramento365 (or linking your Facebook account through Facebook Connect) will give you further options for sharing and bookmarking your favorite events, preferred venues, etc. There are also specific accounts for Artist Profiles and Organizations. For further information on accounts, view the FAQ.
4. I submitted my event but I don’t see it on the site.
Sacramento365 strives to be a comprehensive and accurate online resource for Sacramento's regional events. Each event submitted goes through a review process to ensure it is accurate and to maintain consistency with the style of the site. Please allow 3-4 business days for it to appear on the site. When it goes live, you will receive a confirmation email via the email address you provided in the submission form.
5. How far in advance should I submit my event?
Sacramento365 requires at least 3-4 business days to review and process your event before making it live on the site. To ensure enough time to adequately promote the event and for consideration for inclusion in the Weekly Top 6 Events Newsletter, we recommend posting, at least, two weeks prior to your event. There is no restriction in terms of how far in advance you can post your event.
6. Event vs. Classified: What’s the difference?
Classifieds include: Calls to Artists, Auditions, Volunteer Opportunities, Jobs, For Rent, and For Sale/Free. These categories are not considered events on Sacramento365.com and should be submitted using the “Submit Classified” option under the “Submit Listing” column at the bottom of the site.
Since Classifieds are found under the “Artists Resources” section of Sacramento365, to remain relevant to Artists and Arts Organizations using this section, Sacramento365.com only accepts arts-related Classifieds. For further information, see our Classified Guidelines.
7. Where do I find Classes & Workshops on the site?
Classes & Workshops are found under the “Community” header at the top of the site and represent classes, workshops, lessons, and other participatory arts-related programs that are open to the public. To remain relevant to Artists & Arts Organizations using this section, Sacramento365 only accepts arts-related Workshops & Classes. Please refer to our Classes & Workshops Guidelines for further clarification.
8. My event is in Rocklin/Plymouth/Lodi, etc. Can I post it on Sacramento365?
Sacramento365 currently accepts events held in Sacramento County, West Sacramento, Davis, and Roseville. The only exception are events associated with partners utilizing a Sacramento365 event widget on their site (i.e. Capital Public Radio), in which case the event will only appear on the calendar widget on the partner site, not on the Sacramento365 site. View our complete Regional Guidelines. Please note that by posting on Sacramento365 your event will be posted on our widget partners' sites as well (as long as they are within their guidelines). Please contact us if you would like to discuss this further.
9. What's the difference between a Venue and an Organization?
A Venue is a place where an event is held. Venues are not Organizations. Organizations consist of a body of people with a particular purpose, especially a business, society, association, etc., which pursues collective goals, controls its own performance and has a boundary separating it from its environment. Please refer to our Organization Guidelines for further clarification.
10. What if I don't have an Organization associated with my event?
That’s OK, an Organization is not necessary to post an event on Sacramento365. Just click the "The presenting Organization is not listed here" checkbox when submitting an event.
11. How do I contact Sacramento365 with further questions?
Feel free to email Sacramento365 staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 808-8642 if you have further questions.